While running workflows, it may become necessary to send an email to someone outside your organization. For example, during your recruitment workflow, the recruiter may want to invite a shortlisted candidate for interview, by email. (The candidate isn't yet a part of your organization.)
For sending such emails, you could always just switch to your email app. But there'll be no record of the email in Polydojo. And nobody wants to copy-paste the sent email back into a Polydojo. Thus, we recommend using the 'Email Intimation' instead.
- To prevent spam, only logged-in users may submit forms with an 'Email Intimation'.
- To capture sender's email, form must have a mandatory 'Email' field with 'Login Shield'.
- To capture recipient's email, form must have an additional mandatory 'Email' field. (No shield.)
- To capture the email's subject, form must have a mandatory 'Short Answer' field.
- To capture the email's body, form must have a mandatory 'Long Answer' field.
- To capture attachments, the form may have up to two 'File Upload' fields.
- If you aren't in the Integration Editor, go to Forms > Select your form > Integrate.
- Click 'Add Integration'; and select 'Email Intimation' as the 'Integrating Service'.
- Select the 'From', 'To', 'Subject' and 'Message Body' fields. (See background above.)
- Click the orange 'Connect' button.
Done! Make sure that your integration settings are saved. (Use the 'Save' button.)
Test it out!
We recommend testing all integrations before sharing your form. Just go to Forms > Select your form > Fill. Submit the form and ensure that your integrations are working as expected.